Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Hi, Spring fans! Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring. I'm in Tokyo, Japan, for the epic SpringOne Tour Japan event, and then, it's off to Seoul, South Korea, and then Singapore. I'm trying to keep busy! I delivered two 3+ hour long talks yesterday, despite a blistering fever, and today, I presented at the SpringOne Tour. Tonight, I had the honor of presenting at a joint meeting of the JJUG and JSUG here in Tokyo on Tuesday evening (starting about 7 hours ago).
If you're out and about in Tokyo, don't hesitate to say hi! I'd love to chat with ya about anything and everything Pivotal and Spring! Anyway, we've got a ton to get to, so let's get started!
- Spring CredHub 2.0.0.M1 released
- Spring Cloud Task 2.1.0.M1 is now available.
- The Spring Cloud Data Flow for Apache Mesos and Apache YARN deployers and Spring Cloud Data Flow implementations are deprecated.
- Spring Tools 4.0.1 is out now!
- Announcing: Spring Cloud Alibaba — check it out!
- Reactor Bismuth-SR13 and Californium-SR2 available now.
- Spring Security OAuth2 Auto-config 2.0.6 and 2.1.0 were released.
- Spring Session Bean GA is out!
- Spring Cloud Stream Fishtown.RC1 /2.1.0.RC1 Release Announcement
- I dig this NewStack interview with Cloud Foundry CTO Chip Childers.
- Check out this look at Spring Data JDBC from Maciej Walkowiak.
- Check out this oldie-but-a-goodie that looks at using Spring Session to replicate session state for Vaadin applications.
- Want to see a more production-grade examples of Spring Fu's "Jafu" configuration? Check this out!
- Not strictly speaking, but somewhat related to Spring, if you dig Kotlin as much as I do, check out this post on concurrency with Kotlin coroutines.
- Here's a nice post on DZone on how to create a CRUD REST API using Spring Boot 2, Hibernate 5, JPA, and MySQL. Check it out!
- Want to present at the Cloud Foundry North America event? The CFP is now open!
- Another interesting post from the AMIS blog: running Reactive Spring Boot on GraalVM in Docker.
- This is an interesting healthcare use case for Business Rules in a Microservices Architecture based on the FHIR STU 3 data structure, using Spring Boot and JBoss BRMS, among other things.
- Micrometer 1.1.0 is now available! It includes work from 35 contributors and introduces a bunch of new features and monitoring systems.
- Spring Boot engineer/legend Madhura Bhave (@madhurabhave23) said that the Spring Boot team has added new issues that are ideal for first-timers. She says: "If you'd like to work on an issue, please comment on the issue to claim it. We're especially interested in contributions from people from groups underrepresented in free and open source software!"
- Nice! Netflix uses Spring Cloud Sleuth and Zipkin
- JHipster v5.6.0 is released!
- It's cool that Confluent itself has some nice documentation on how to use Spring Boot with Apache Kafka.
- Check out this Chaos Monkey Alternatives for Spring Boot!
- Vlad Mihalcea has just announced that FlexyPool 2.1.1 has been release, and it now supports Micrometer.io for collecting Metrics.
- If you celebrate Halloween, then you might appreciate this epic tweet by Mike Shoemaker: "One of my rockstar software engineers came to work dressed up as his favorite tech. Can you guess what it is, Spring Boot?"
- Atomist CEO Rod Johnson just announced a new Atomist auto-fix to apply the Spring Java Format Maven plugin to any Java project.
- Also, a bit tangential, but I want to extend a warm welcome to my friends at Heptio and congratulate them on their recent VMWare acquisition!
java ,spring ,news ,releases ,spring cloud ,spring boot ,spring cloud data